A quick 8th grade science lesson plan you can use tomorrow
- Get two beakers or clear glasses
- Put cold water into the first, and hot water into the second
- Add two drops of food coloring to each beaker
- Have your eighth graders observe (the coloring mixes faster in the hot)
- Discussion- The beakers were the same, the water we used came from the same faucet, and the coloring was the same, but the results were different. WHY?
Watch the video below for the reason why.
This demo is from the lesson “States of Matter“.
Click here to find lots more science lesson plans for your 8th graders.